Guest speaker!!! Alex is here to offer support tips to everyone!
- Connection issues? If you see a “No Device ID” error on your Menuat screen, this is a sign that the device is not receiving internet signal. The first thing that you should do is run a power cycle, this means turning the power off and on the media player that is giving you this error, the same goes if you have SSSP screens. You also have to make sure your dedicated internet to your Menuat screen is working and the device is receiving this network signal.
- If you are still not sure if the device displaying this connection error is receiving internet, please go to network settings and check that the network status says “connected”.
- If it shows “not connected”, please make sure the wifi is turned on and you have selected your dedicated wifi network from the list. If you do not see your dedicated wifi listed, please make sure you have internet service.
- What to do when your power goes out? Power outages can be very common in fast moving businesses such as restaurants and may cause electronics and networks to malfunction. It is recommended to use a surge protector with a battery power backup, also known as “Uninterruptible Power Supply”. This device will keep any electronic powered on when a power surge occurs just as long as it meets the voltage requirements.
A good affordable Uninterruptible Power Supply we recommend is the APC BE550G: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16842101311
- Would you like to send a software reset to your menus?If you would like to send a software reset to all your menus in order to refresh them without having to contact our 24/7 support line then you can do this by logging into your Menuat Edit dashboard. If you have Menuat Edit unlocked, then you can do this as well as the ability to make instant live edits to your menu. Please do the following to send a reset to your menus.
- Log on to Menuat Edit with your username and password.
- On the top right your will see a gear icon, click on it.
- As soon as the edit page windows appears, scroll all the way down until you see the ”save” button and click on it.
If you do not have Menuat Edit unlocked and would like to add it to your plan, please contact Sean by phone at (904) 495-0616 ext.704 or email him.
MenuatGo is the self-service version of our software that provides customers with everything they need to get started with Digital Menu Boards at an accessible price. MenuatGo is ideal for restaurants that understand the importance of establishing a digital presence in today’s market. With this software you can generate and customize the menu design to your liking. Schedule a Demo Today!
With tons of customization options, there are over 500 different layout options for you to choose from, as well as screens, themes, and fonts.
Once setup is complete, Menuat will ship your pre-configured media players that can plug directly into the back of any television monitor. Service can be easily upgraded at any point to allow full access to Menuat’s Content Management System for unlimited menu changes for as many screens as you need.
Menuat was created to deliver powerful, affordable, and easy to use digital menus to independent restaurants. From the beginning, our passion has been about delivering the power of the Internet to restaurants by connecting the physical environment to the digital world of consumers.
MenuatGo is available for shipping now. Order MenuatGo today by calling Stewart Fletcher at (904) 495-0616 x703 or email Stewart here.
For more information Schedule a demo with a member of the Menuat Team.
Cool Moose has been proudly serving customers since the summer of 1998. Located in the Riverside area of Jacksonville, FL, they serve breakfast and lunch daily. With the wide variety of coffee flavors and the cozy atmosphere, you might find customers reading and snacking on a pastry while enjoying a mug of their favorite coffee. “Menuat has given us the opportunity to make on the fly changes to our menuboard,” says Laurie Jarvis. They adopted digital menuboards in 2014 not only displaying daily specials in store, but connecting the menu to the Cool Moose website allowing guests and staff members to check out the specials while they’re still at home. Make sure to stop in and grab a cup of coffee if you’re in the Riverside area!
Ben is our frontend engineer and lead developer here at Menuat. After beginning his career with six years of restaurant management experience, he took a break to study Creative Writing and Information Science at the University of South Florida. During a college internship with multinational startup Unthink, he developed a passion for web technology, emerging trends in interaction design, and startup culture. Ben’s specialty is developing responsive, platform agnostic applications by leveraging open web technologies. During his free time, Ben embraces web developer stereotypes by playing video games and sharing photos of his cats.
Looking for a great restaurant in the historic area of Riverside in Jacksonville, FL? Black Sheep is the place to go! They are fast casual restaurant during the day and serve dinner every night with daily specials. “We love Menuat’s digital menuboards because the specials change every day and it is the most efficient way to update the fresh items!” Having been in business for about 4 years, they pride themselves on using fresh, local ingredients in their handcrafted plates as well as their signature cocktails that you can enjoy at their rooftop bar and lounge. Keep an eye out for their second location that’s under construction!
With digital menu boards being so technologically advanced, almost anything is possible. Social Media Integration is at the top of that list.
Many businesses are finding that having multiple platforms of social media and keeping those accounts up to date is becoming more and more important. Not only is it an effective way to advertise and connect with current customers, outsiders also turn to these platforms to view how these businesses interact with their customers. They want to see customer reviews and comments, also how quickly and well the business reacts to these interactions. Digital SignageToday states that 84% of people using social media trust peer content over brand content. Here at Menuat, we offer social media integration to your menu.
Pros to social media integration:
- Staying up-to-date with technology
- Increase brand awareness
- Having great customer comments displayed right on your menu!
Check out S’macks Burgers & Shakes integrated menu!
Starting 20 years ago on the Anna Maria City Pier, Anna Maria Oyster Bar has won the hearts of many. Since then the “We’re More Than Just Oysters” restaurant has popped up in 3 other locations in Bradenton and Ellenton, FL. There are 3 table service restaurants and you will find our digital menuboard in their fast casual location. Having been one of our customers for 8 months now, they love being able to change the menu due to product inventory at the drop of a hat. While they are a seafood restaurant, they offer land lover favorites as well. Stop in the next time you’re by the pier!
One of our greatest achievements as a technology company was partnering with Samsung. There are 15 other Samsung SMART Signage platform partners in the nation and Samsung features us as one of the best designs of digital menuboards. This partnership allows us to work with the Samsung development platform to improve software and gives us access to the newest features immediately.
Our customers have the opportunity to use these SMART TVs and benefit from the features they offer. These slim and elegant devices present durable, commercial grade usage, and crystal clear image quality 24/7. Also, they already have a built in media player so we won’t have to send you extra hardware!
We love being partnered with Samsung! (Just look how excited our CEO, Jeff, is!)
Meet Alex, our support tech! Originally from Venezuela, he moved to the US at a young age. He is currently studying marketing management at Western Governor’s University. He has always been interested in coding and self taught HTML, CSS, Java Script, and most recently the Swift program to create iPhone apps. He is a big fan of music and enjoys playing guitar and piano. Give him a call with your support questions!
Meet the newest member of the Menuat team, Stewart! He recently graduated from the University of North Florida with a Bachelors in Business Management. Diving into a sales role with a Fortune 500 company allowed him to gain valuable experience in client relations. In his spare time, he enjoys playing guitar, surfing and staying active. Welcome to the team Stewart!
Schedule a demo with him here!